maanantai 14. tammikuuta 2013

These boots are made for walking

Found said SD card after a bit of a rummage inside my underwear drawer. 

Here's a little something I've been working on today. I was about to throw these pretty little boots away just after a few wears, they have been sitting at the back of my cupboard for two years now. The darned English summer rain stained them so badly there was nothing to be done to salvage them. Or so I thought. I have been very inspired by different DIY blogs recently and have a list of things I want to try to do myself. 



I have been looking for a pair of silver shoes for a while now but luckily there's no need to buy a new pair since these babies will be ready to hit the street in 24 hours. And it cost me £2.50.

All you need to do is give the shoe a rub with a dry cloth to make sure there's no traces of dirt/dust. I didn't bother with masking tape but you can cover the soles/heel and insides of the shoe if you like. Shield the surface of whatever it is you're doing the spraying on with newspapers/cardboard etc. Don't spray too close and let the paint dry between layers. I only used one layer since I quite like the effect. Let dry for at least 24 hours before removing tape and wearing. 

I'm ready for the second coming of the space age.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti